Serves: 40Prep Time: 30 minTotal Time: 45 min
Chef Stuart O’Keeffe knows how to make bacon burger bites better with Welch’s Frozen Avocado!
- 2 bags (10oz) Welch’s Frozen Avocado, thawed and diced
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 bag frozen turkey meatballs (40 pieces)
- 10 slices of American cheese
- 5 slices of turkey bacon cooked, cut into 8 small pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce cut into small strips
- 1 jar of dill pickle chips
- 2 pints of cherry or grape tomatoes 40 each
- 40 toothpicks
- Serve with small dishes of both ketchup and mustard
To Thaw: Place avocados on a plate at room temperature for approximately 60 minutes or microwave* at 20-second intervals until thawed. For best flavor and texture, serve while still slightly frozen. *As microwaves vary, time may need to be adjusted. Keep frozen, do not refreeze.
- Smash Welch’s Frozen Avocados with the lime and the cilantro.
- Bake meatballs according to package directions. Cook bacon (if needed) until firm (but not overcooked so that it breaks too easily).
- Meanwhile, cut cheese slices into quarters and chop lettuce into strips.
- Create mini cheeseburger bites by stacking 1 meatball on a stick, then 1 small square of cheese, a piece of bacon, a strip of lettuce, a pickle chip, a spoon of the prepared avocado mash, and a grape tomato.
- Serve with a side of ketchup and mustard or desired sauce (barbecue sauce, etc.)
If you love this Avocado recipe, try these!