Serves: 4Prep Time: 10Total Time: 10
The Mediterranean thing to do! Give your avocados a southern twist with bold balsamic and smooth mozzarella mixed with tangy tomatoes to make one delicious bowl of goodness! Do more than just guac with your avocados, the perfect green for the perfect salad! Impress your guests with this amazingly fresh blend of colors and flavors!
2½ cups mixed tomatoes, sliced
8 chunks of Welch’s Frozen Avocados thawed or one whole Avocado
200g (7 oz) buffalo mozzarella
1 handful fresh basil
1 olive bread
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, for the dressing
2½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil, for the dressing
A pinch of salt and pepper, for the dressing
- Allow the Avocados to thaw
To thaw: Place avocados on a plate at room temperature for approximately 60 minutes or microwave* at 20 second intervals until thawed. Do not cook! For best flavor and texture, serve while still slightly frozen. *As microwaves vary, time may need to be adjusted.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a plate with the avocado.
- Drain the mozzarella and tear into desired sized chunks.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over. Season and tear over the basil leaves.
- Serve with olive bread to mop up all the yummy juices.
If you love this Avocado recipe, try these!