Serves: 1Prep Time: 10Total Time: 15
Jeffery from Fresh 102.7 puts a new spin on your regular grilled cheese with this tantalizing recipe below!
- 1 /2 10 oz. bag Welch’s Frozen Avocados, thawed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
To Thaw: Place avocados on a plate at room temperature for approximately 60 minutes or microwave* at 20-second intervals until thawed. For best flavor and texture, serve while still slightly frozen. *As microwaves vary, time may need to be adjusted. Keep frozen, do not refreeze.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Spread butter on the outside of each slice of bread, then spread avocado on the non-buttered side of one slice. Top with cheese and close sandwich.
- Place sandwich in the pan, then cover and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until cheese is melty and bread is golden brown, 2 minutes more.
- Slice in half and serve.
If you love this Avocado recipe, try these!