Serves: 4Prep Time: 20Total Time: 20
This recipe from KISS 108 ‘s Lisa Donovan, with roasted corn and edamame add a fresh take on a cult classic!
- 4 slices thick whole grain bread (or gluten-free equivalent)
- 1/2 10 oz. bag Welch’s Frozen Avocado, thawed
- 1/3 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 lime
- 1 scallion (sliced thinly)
- 1/2 cup raw fresh corn kernels (1 ear)
- 1/2 cup tomato (diced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds (optional)
- salt to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- olive oil (for drizzling)
To Thaw: Place avocados on a plate at room temperature for approximately 60 minutes or microwave* at 20-second intervals until thawed. For best flavor and texture, serve while still slightly frozen. *As microwaves vary, time may need to be adjusted. Keep frozen, do not refreeze.
- Thaw avocados in a medium-sized bowl.
- Toast the bread.
- Soak the edamame in warm water in a small bowl.
- Cut the corn off the cob and measure 1/2 cup (save remaining corn for other use).
- Mash the edamame and then mash the avocado.
- Add the sliced scallions and corn to the avocado/edamame mixture.
- Add the juice from half a lime along with a sprinkle of salt.
- When toast is done, rub a cut of garlic clove over the surface of each piece.
- Spread the avocado mixture evenly onto each piece of toast.
- Top each slice with a drizzle of olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, hemp seeds, tomato and cilantro.
If you love this Avocado recipe, try these!