Serves: 6Prep Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
Small in size but mighty in taste! These mixed berry shortcakes are the little snack with big flavor! Easy to make and even easier to serve, our bold mixed berries add just the right color and punch to dessert!
- 1 bag Welch’s Frozen Berry Cherry Blend
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice or lemon juice
- 200g (7 oz.) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Pull out the Welch’s Frozen Fruit you are using to thaw according to package directions.
- Add the sugar and juice and gently stir. Set aside so the syrup can set on the fruit.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the cream, yogurt, sugar and brown sugar. Using a hand mixer, whip the ingredients together until it forms a peek. It takes about 5 minutes to get the right consistency.
- Place the pre-made shortcake on a plate. Top with the fruit mixture then top with the cream. Add a little cinnamon on top for garnish and serve!
To make this recipe even easier, use pre-made cakes that are in the bakery section. They are plenty good and take out the step of having to make your own out of the mix. That saves so much time in the end!