Serves: 4 - 6Prep Time: 15Total Time: 12
Deliciously tropical, this BBQ recipe is just as amazing in the winter as it is in the summer! Add a little sunshine to your traditional BBQ recipes. Both beautifully colorful and so tasty!
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 2 cups Welch’s Frozen Fruit Tropical Blend
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated or chopped
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mango nectar
- 2 heaping tablespoons tropical glaze
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup mixed peppers (red and orange), chopped
- 1 cup (8 oz.) of Welch’s frozen avocado chunks, thawed
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- juice from half a lime
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
- Set aside two tablespoons for salsa, 3/4 cup to marinate the chicken in, and save the rest to brush on the chicken while grilling.
- Combine all ingredients and mix together. Set aside.
- Marinate your chicken in 3/4 cup of the Tropical Glaze for 3-4 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat your grill to medium.
- Grill your chicken 8-12 minutes over medium heat, brushing with tropical glaze on each side.
- Internal temperature should be 165 degrees F when chicken is cooked.
- Slice as desired and top with salsa
If you love this Avocado recipe, try these!