Serves: About 2 - 2 ½ cupsPrep Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 30-45 minutes
Our fruit waffle recipe will give you plenty of reasons to love breakfast. Ordinary waffles are transformed into a sweet surprise with this luscious berry sauce. Is there any better way to start your day?
2 cups of Welch’s Four Berry Mix
3/4 cup granulated sugar
Juice of 1 lemon (reduce to half lemon, or to taste, if preferred)
Your favorite frozen waffles
Frozen whipped cream as topping (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine berries, sugar and lemon. Heat uncovered until mixture comes to a rolling boil, stirring frequently until sugar dissolves.
2. Once the mixture has come to a boil, reduce heat to low or medium-low. Allow fruit mixture to simmer uncovered for about 45 minutes, or until the liquid volume has reduced by half and mixture has slightly thickened.
3. Remove berry sauce from heat and transfer to a glass jar with a lid, or heat-safe container; set aside. Extra sauce will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week or up to 4 weeks in the refrigerator.
4. Toast your favorite frozen waffles.
5. Top your waffles with the berry lemony sauce, a drizzle of maple syrup and a touch of whipped cream.
Enjoy your berry-licious creation!